- This event has passed.
CDMC Conversation Series: Nora Renick Rinehart and Emilie Mulcahey, “Star Trek Said Quilts Are Queer Art”
May 20, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
CDMC Conversation Series:
Nora Renick Rinehart and Emilie Mulcahey
Star Trek Said Quilts Are Queer Art
May 20, 2021. 5PM CT.
Alongside her second year MFA exhibition, Flannel Futures, Nora Renick Rinehart has created a comic/essay entitled, Star Trek Said Quilts are Queer Art: Intentionality and Imagination in the Craft Continuum. Join Renick Rinehart for a dramatic reading of the comic followed by a conversation with fellow artist and Star Trek enthusiast Emilie Mulcahey in which they ponder how craft and queerness overlap with The Final Frontier.
Event was free and open to the public thanks to the support of The Anonymous Fund, but registration was required for Zoom webinar link.
This event has passed, but you may still listen to the conversation via the video below.
- Nora Renick Rinehart’s website
- Shareable Facebook event page
- Flannel Futures, Nora Renick Rinehart’s Design Studies Second Year Master in Fine Arts Exhibition
- Additional CDMC Conversation Series Recordings
- May 20, 2021
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- 2020-2021, CDMC Conversations, Exhibition-Related
- Event Tags:
- Material Culture, Ruth Davis Design Gallery, Textiles
- Virtual Event
- United States