This exhibition explores themes of materiality, process, and international collaboration. In 2019, University of Wisconsin-Madison associate professor Marianne Fairbanks and textile artist Sofia Hagström Møller invited a group of professional Danish weavers to contribute pieces produced on Fairbanks’s hand-held Hello Looms for a show at Copenhagen Contemporary. The resulting 37 weavings use a wide variety of materials and explore a multitude of compositions.
Embedded exhibition instructions: use arrows, scroll bar, or swipe to navigate left and right; click the expand icon to view the exhibition fully in your browser; click the menu options for the accessible view.
- Installation of select pieces in Nancy Nicholas Hall (forthcoming in Spring or Summer Semester 2021).
- Check back for future talks and workshops.
- Interview with Marianne Fairbanks discussing Hello! Looms
- Interviews with exhibition Weavers
- Search social media for hashtags: #WovenTogether #HelloLoom #WeavingLab #HLATC #LMTGallery