The Center for Design and Material Culture (CDMC) is the primary destination for the multi-disciplinary study of material culture and design at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. The center focuses on the study of textiles, material culture, and design thinking and is a hub for innovative programs that engage local, national, and international audiences. Affiliation with the center enhances the opportunity to study and program around these three pillars of study for both CDMC and the affiliate.
Who May Become an Affiliate
UW-Madison faculty working in and around our pillars of study are invited to affiliate with the center. Contact us to become an affiliate.
- The opportunity to receive support for center-sponsored programs, including, but not limited to, services offered from center and School of Human Ecology staff. Examples include:
- Identification of funding opportunities
- Multi-disciplinary team and concept development
- Pre-award submission support
- Post-award administration
- Orientation to and collaboration around center resources for teaching, research and exhibition and program development.
- Receive publications from the center, as well as promotion of affiliate work through center communications.
- Invitations to center-related events and activities.
- Convening and collaboration with other center affiliates, including training and professional development opportunities.