Embedded exhibition instructions: use arrows, scroll bar, or swipe to navigate left and right; click the expand icon to view the exhibition fully in your browser; click the menu options for the accessible view.
Harmony and Evolution: An Exhibition of the Chinese-American Art Faculty Association showcases the work of art and design faculty from across the country to address the issue of how art and design express cultural integration and creativity. The Chinese-American Art Faculty Association (CAAFA) is a national organization with over 130 members representing art and design in the U.S. and China. This iteration of the CAAFA’s biennial exhibition represents the first time the association has exhibited in the Midwest and draws from the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s focus on diversity, inclusion, and creativity.
- Harmony and Evolution Inaugural Tour. Thursday, February 27, 2020. 5-7 PM.
- Harmony and Evolution Exhibition Celebration. Thursday, March 26, 2020. 5-8 PM. [CANCELLED.]
- Traditional Chinese Brush Painting Workshop. Friday, March 27, 2020. 10 AM-12 PM. [CANCELLED.]
- Harmony and Evolution 2020 Digital Exhibition Catalogue
- Chinese American Art Faculty Association
- Additional Artist/Designer Websites:
- Press Release and Publicity Images
- Search social media for hashtags: #HarmonyandEvolution #CAAFA #RDDGallery
“Harmony and Evolution” was originally installed in the Ruth Davis Design Gallery and slated to be on view from February 26, 2020 – April 5, 2020. Due to COVID-19 closures, selections from the exhibition were moved online. Online iteration launched in Summer, 2020. Programming supported by the CDMC, the Center for East Asian Studies, and the CAAFA with generous support from the Anonymous Fund . Exhibition was co-curated by Wei Dong, the Vilas Distinguished Achievement Professor in Design Studies at SoHE and current Chair of the CAAFA.